The precise manner in which the singular trade deadline will impact action on the summer trade market won't be known for certain until we have multiple seasons of data, but from a distance it figures to heighten July trade activity. Last year, Josh Donaldson, Daniel Murphy, Andrew McCutchen, David Freese, Gio Gonzalez, Fernando Rodney, Mike Fiers, Justin Bour and Ryan Madson were among the notable players traded after July 31 after passing through waivers.
There are a lot of changes coming to the sport that are meant to speed up the action and draw more interest to one of the longest standing professional sports leagues in the country.
~ A pitcher also must face a three-batter minimum in 2020. The Players Association has agreed that it will not grieve or otherwise challenge the Office of the Commissioner's implementation of the amended Rule 5.10 (g).
Among the changes agreed to is roster sizes will expand from 25 to 26 players starting in the 2020 season.
There will be a cap on the number of pitchers that teams are allowed to carry on the active roster, that will be determined by the joint committee. A player qualifies as a two-way player only if he accrues at least 20 big-league innings and at least 20 big-league games started as a position player or designated hitter (with at least three plate appearances in each of those games) in either the current season or a prior big-league season.
Every player will have to be labeled as a position player or pitcher.
This is another attempt to prevent the slowing of games with pitching changes during half innings.Читайте также: Outcry over Trump's cuts to Medicare hospital payments
- Pitchers will have to serve a 15- rather than 10-day Injured List period as a way to try to further thwart roster manipulation. Similarly, the minimum period that optioned pitchers must remain in the minors will increase from 10 to 15 days. Additionally, the prize money awarded to players on the winning All-Star team will be increased beginning with the 2019 All-Star Game.
Time between innings will be cut from 2:05 to 2:00 for local games and 2:25 to 2:00 for national games.
The maximum number of mound visits will drop from six-to-five.
Voting for the MLB All-Star Game will now happen on one day, in what the two sides are describing as an "Election Day". During the "primary round" each club will nominate one player per eligible position (including three outfielders) who will be voted on by fans. Fans would vote online for All-Star starters, and the top three vote-getters will take part in a one-day election.
For those participating in the Home Run Derby, player prize money was increased to $2.5 million. The victor of the Home Run Derby will receive $1 million.
The Home Run Derby bonus is intriguing.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- New book describes perils of crossing a White House power couple
- USA college admissions scandal sparks $500B lawsuit
- Android Q Beta Likely Just Around the Corner
- Google employee breaks the world record for calculating the value of pi
- Drugs Put a Stop to Judgment Sales in Asia
- When will Facebook, Instagram outage be fixed?
- Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty to lying about attack
- These Are the Highlights From the Final 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- Real Madrid agree deal for defender Eder Militao from Porto
- Kingston residents, students react to cellphone ban in Ontario schools