Понедельник, 20 Мая 2019
Latest news
Main » Multiple fatalities, one person in custody after two New Zealand mosque shootings

Multiple fatalities, one person in custody after two New Zealand mosque shootings

15 Марта 2019

At least nine people have been confirmed dead and reportedly as many as 50 have been injured after multiple gunmen opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

"We are also in the process of mobilising every national police resource to keep people safe", he said.

"So I tried too get out and I pushed myself at the back where my auto was, and from there I heard the shooting, it went on six minutes or more, I could hear screaming and crying, I saw some people drop dead, some people were running away, I was in a wheelchair, so I couldn't get anywhere".

A Facebook Live video was posted Friday apparently showing the New Zealand mosque gunman videotaping his attack while it was ongoing.

"Police recommend that residents across Christchurch remain off the streets and indoors until further notice", Bush added.

"This is an evolving incident and we are working to confirm the facts, however we can confirm there have been a number of fatalities", Commissioner Bush said.

Pewdiepie tweets condolences after new zealand shooting
PewDiePie reacts to one of the New Zealand shooter calling him out on Facebook. PewDiePie Twitter

"It is clear that this is one of New Zealand's darkest days". It's a big mosque and there were more than 200 people inside.

'The person that has influenced me above all was Candace Owens, each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights'.

Bush said in a statement that "all Christchurch schools have been placed into lockdown".

Witnesses reported seeing a man dressed in a military-style, camouflage outfit carrying an automatic rifle entering the Masjid Al Noor Mosque. "They are us", she said, before saying the perpetrator "has no place in New Zealand".

"Some had been shot and then about five minutes after that the police turned up".

Local media said there were multiple casualties at one mosque and said another had been evacuated, and there were reports that members of the Bangladesh cricket team were also present at one site.

Читайте также: Golden Tate Reportedly Down to Patriots and Steelers in Free Agency

In a lengthy manifesto published online the supposed shooter outlined who he was and why he carried out the massacre at the Christchurch mosque, NZ Herald reported. He stood in the doorway, blocking people inside from escaping, Herald reports. "I saw lots of broken glass and bricks on the backside of the mosque", he said.

Police said earlier they were hunting "an active shooter" in the centre of Christchurch city.

Bangladesh Cricket Board spokesman Jalal Yunus said most of the team were bussed to the mosque and were about to go inside when the incident happened.

"It started off quite slowly and then got very rapid", she told New Zealand media.

Police have not described the scale of the Friday shooting but urged people in central Christchurch to stay indoors.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Multiple fatalities, one person in custody after two New Zealand mosque shootings