The Armenian capital city of Yerevan has been ranked above the capitals of its neighboring countries in the Mercer Quality of Living Survey.
"We continue to see huge forward-thinking policies that have enabled Singapore to develop economically and infrastructurally, bringing benefits to its residents, whilst making the city Asia's most attractive destination for foreign talent", says Mario Ferraro, regional practice leader for Mercer Global Mobility - Asia, Middle East, Africa & Turkey. London remained the highest-ranked overall at 44th despite coming last in Britain in a separate personal safety ranking.
In Asia, Singapore has the highest quality of living at 25th place, followed by Tokyo and Kobe (joint 49th). The survey also included cities in South-east Asia including Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Manila, and Jakarta.
All U.S. cities fell in the ranking with the exception of NY as crime rates fell in the city.
KL and JB among top 20 Asian cities for quality of life: Survey
Venezuela's capital fell 29 positions on the world scale, ranking 202nd out of 231 cities analyzed by the worldwide consultancy based in NY. Munich, Germany 3. Auckland, New Zealand 6. Helsinki, Finland, and Basel, Bern, and Zürich all in Switzerland follow in joint second. Detroit remains the United States city with the lowest quality of living this year, with the Haitian capital of Port-au-Prince (228) the lowest in all the Americas.
Western European cities also dominated the safest cities rankings. Internal stability issues and public demonstrations in Nicaragua meant that Managua (180) fell seven places in the quality of living ranking this year, and ongoing cartel-related violence and high crime rates meant that Mexico, Monterrey (113) and Mexico City (129) also remained low. The same result was reached past year.
Kuwait City ranked 126th out of 231 cities in the 2019 Quality of Living Ranking published Wednesday. Thirteen out of the world's 20 best places to live are in Europe.
- USA college admissions scandal sparks $500B lawsuit
- Can the Stock Market Keep Rallying? These Two Indexes Say It Can
- Dolphins emerging to fight Teddy Bridgewater away from Saints
- Captain Marvel Arrives To Level The Avengers: End Game Playing Field
- Many dead in New Zealand mosque shooting; one person in custody
- MLB announces rule changes involving pitcher usage, roster limits, inning breaks
- Aubameyang: Black Panther mask was for Gabon
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang brace fires Arsenal past Rennes
- Five dead, over 30 hurt as overbridge collapses near Mumbais CST
- Cyclone set to hit Mozambique hard tonight, dozens already killed