Better still, if you are a Google Play Music subscriber, then you will receive YouTube Music free of charge. It is a music streaming service that is aimed to offer official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus remixes, live performances, covers and music videos and so much more.
YouTube Music Premium will also also offers offline downloads, at a price of Rs 99 a month. YouTube, which already enjoys a king's share in the video streaming space in the country, joined the music streaming market on Tuesday, launching the YouTube Music app, and YouTube Music Premium for its users.
"For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place"-this is how YouTube is explaining the YouTube Music to be". You also get access to exclusive original content that is done in collaboration with creators on YouTube.
YouTube's streaming music service, YouTube Music has arrived in South Africa.
Latest songs: YouTube Music offers remixes, cover albums, singles, live versions from the biggest worldwide and national artists to freshest voices breaking through.
You can track downs songs using descriptions, lyrics or emojis with the Smart Search which is available in Zulu and Xhosa. It will provide songs from the artists you like or some similar songs.
Still, YouTube's biggest challenge in India would be getting users to pay for music streaming although it has a base of millions of dedicated users who use its video streaming service.
Ad-free YouTube Premium experience.
The pricing is more or less same like that of the other players in India: Gaana's paid subscription starts at Rs 99/month; Saavn offers paid plans at Rs 99/month and Spotify is a bit costly at Rs 199 per month. Current features on the list such as Luka Chuppi, Petta - Marana Mass Official Video, Thassadiyya Full Video Song etc demonstrate the versatile collation of what's hot in music in India as per the popular taste. It offers all videos on YouTube without advertisements and all videos can be saved for offline playback.
Besides, YouTube also needs to remember that it is up against music streaming services, owned by companies with deep pockets.
Now that YouTube Premium South Africa is available, will you be signing up for the service? YouTube Premium's possible competitors in the country will be the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Voot and ZEE5 to name a few.
- Donald Trump says Theresa May didn't listen to his advice on Brexit
- Cyclone set to hit Mozambique hard tonight, dozens already killed
- Beto O'Rourke will seek 2020 Democratic presidential nomination
- LeBron James vows return to playoffs after disappointing season
- Dolphins emerging to fight Teddy Bridgewater away from Saints
- Facebook says Chief Product Officer Chris Cox is leaving | Tech
- Five dead, over 30 hurt as overbridge collapses near Mumbais CST
- Barcelona set a new all-time record in the Champions League last night
- Mueller report should be made public, House says in bipartisan vote
- Louis Tomlinson's sister Felicite dies at 18 of cardiac arrest