Better still, if you are a Google Play Music subscriber, then you will receive YouTube Music free of charge. It is a music streaming service that is aimed to offer official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus remixes, live performances, covers and music videos and so much more.
YouTube Music Premium will also also offers offline downloads, at a price of Rs 99 a month. YouTube, which already enjoys a king's share in the video streaming space in the country, joined the music streaming market on Tuesday, launching the YouTube Music app, and YouTube Music Premium for its users.
"For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place"-this is how YouTube is explaining the YouTube Music to be". You also get access to exclusive original content that is done in collaboration with creators on YouTube.
YouTube's streaming music service, YouTube Music has arrived in South Africa.
Latest songs: YouTube Music offers remixes, cover albums, singles, live versions from the biggest worldwide and national artists to freshest voices breaking through.
You can track downs songs using descriptions, lyrics or emojis with the Smart Search which is available in Zulu and Xhosa. It will provide songs from the artists you like or some similar songs.
Still, YouTube's biggest challenge in India would be getting users to pay for music streaming although it has a base of millions of dedicated users who use its video streaming service.
Ad-free YouTube Premium experience.
The pricing is more or less same like that of the other players in India: Gaana's paid subscription starts at Rs 99/month; Saavn offers paid plans at Rs 99/month and Spotify is a bit costly at Rs 199 per month. Current features on the list such as Luka Chuppi, Petta - Marana Mass Official Video, Thassadiyya Full Video Song etc demonstrate the versatile collation of what's hot in music in India as per the popular taste. It offers all videos on YouTube without advertisements and all videos can be saved for offline playback.
Besides, YouTube also needs to remember that it is up against music streaming services, owned by companies with deep pockets.
Now that YouTube Premium South Africa is available, will you be signing up for the service? YouTube Premium's possible competitors in the country will be the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Voot and ZEE5 to name a few.
- Multiple fatalities, one person in custody after two New Zealand mosque shootings
- PUBG Mobile sends out statement after ban on game leading to arrests
- Beto O'Rourke will seek 2020 Democratic presidential nomination
- Louis Tomlinson's sister Felicite dies at 18 of cardiac arrest
- Singapore tops in Asia for quality of living, personal safety: Mercer poll
- Evidence of Enormous, 2600-Year-Old Solar Storm Found in Greenland
- Bangkok students strike against climate change
- Facebook says Chief Product Officer Chris Cox is leaving | Tech
- Garuda reconsiders order of 49 MAX airplanes from Boeing
- Barcelona set a new all-time record in the Champions League last night