According to the South China Morning Post, the China-based company has been working on an Android alternative since 2012 - right about the time when the USA started investigating ZTE and Huawei. "Should it ever happen that we can no longer use these systems, we would be prepared", Huawei executive Richard Yu said.
Huawei at a press conference held recently at its headquarters in Shenzhen, China, confirmed it has slammed a lawsuit against the United States authorities over the former ban on its telecommunications equipment. While Korean tech giant Samsung also has its Tizen operating system, Tizen is instead used primarily on smartwatches and cameras.
A Huawei exec has told German news site Die Welt that it has made a backup OS for PCs and smartphones in the event that its troubles with the U.S. government prevent it from using Windows and Android on their PCs and smartphones.
Elaborating the company's sentiment behind its own operating system, Mr. Chengdong said: "We are ready for our own operating system".
Meng remains under house arrest in Canada while the courts proceed with the case to extradite her to the USA, which alleges that she deceiving financial institutions and put them in a position to violate sanctions against Iran. That Huawei may face a similar ban is not out of the realm of possibility.
The US has reportedly said it will cooperate less with German intelligence agencies if Germany allows Huawei to take part in its 5G build-outs. It doesn't, however, have laptop processors, relying mostly on US-made Intel chips. Many users will have their own favourite apps within the Android ecosystem, which developers say may be the issue in convincing them to jump onto a new platform. The company recently made a huge announcement regarding its future plans with its laptop and smartphone devices which now run Microsoft's Windows and Google's Android respectively.
- YouTube Music has been officially launched in South Africa
- Jazz issue lifetime ban to fan who called Westbrook ‘boy’ in 2018
- PUBG Mobile sends out statement after ban on game leading to arrests
- New Zealand terror attack suspect appears in court on murder charges
- Pi Day 2019 deals in Hampton Roads
- Happy Not To Draw Arsenal - Chelsea Director
- Google Pixel 3 owners get huge Android boost as major upgrade revealed
- Woman awarded $42 million in baby powder terminal cancer lawsuit
- Nasa May Pick All-Women Team to be First on Mars
- Defending champ Osaka blitzed by Bencic