This paints the picture of Tate as one of the league's best slot wide receivers, or one of the league's best wide receivers once the ball is in his hands - and I think that's correct.
The Giants made a surprising move on Thursday, when they announced the signing of free-agent wide receiver Golden Tate.
Prior to last season Tate had two consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons.
When the regular season begins, Tate will be 31, seven years younger than his new team's starting quarterback.
Locking up Tate until he's 36-years old flies directly in the face of that philosophy, and even if they were to release him after two years when his guaranteed money will be all but spent the move is no less questionable.
Trading Beckham put the Giants in a likely rebuilding mode. "I need to go somewhere where they believe they can win now". "I don't have time to go someone who's trying to rebuild".
Of course, it's one thing to say you were a fan of the team you just signed with; it's another to prove it.
- Malaysia Rejects to Free Doan Thi Huong in Kim Jong Nam Killing
- Pi Day 2019 deals in Hampton Roads
- New Zealand terror attack suspect appears in court on murder charges
- Jazz issue lifetime ban to fan who called Westbrook ‘boy’ in 2018
- O'Brien back for Ireland, Beirne makes Six Nations bow
- Manchester United boss Solskjaer rejects Neville's remarks on priorities
- Woman awarded $42 million in baby powder terminal cancer lawsuit
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill being investigated for battery on child
- Microsoft Brings Xbox Live to iOS and Android
- Australia target CWC win after stunning India