Four Republicans have proposed a new House Resolution specifically calling out Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar on Thursday for previous comments she's made about Israel. "At a time when so many communities in our country feel under attack by the president and his allies, I absolutely recognize that we need to address these issues with greater care and sensitivity to their historical resonance, and I'm committed to doing that in the future".
In the end, Bee felt that Congresswoman Ilhan Omar is simply learning the ropes as she grapples with being a public figure while bringing "long overdue" conversations to the political forefront. She suggested pro-Israel lawmakers have dual loyalties and that they pledged their "allegiance to a foreign country".
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said recent anti-Semitic comments from the Democratic Party undermine not just the relationship between the United States and Israel but also the "religious freedom of every human being". "They're more than willing to pose with Omar on magazine covers, but when she tried to talk about a truly hard topic, which is her job as an elected official, and her life was in danger, they kind of threw her under the bus".
Omar has been under fire over recent comments suggesting Jewish organizations pay USA politicians to support Israel, which many viewed as anti-Semitic.
It's only been two months since Omar assumed her office, but some Democrats are seeking a challenger who might run against her in 2020 and push her out of her seat in Congress, according to The Hill. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked Omar to apologise.
Another person on her Facebook thread asked, "Do you think Bernie Sanders has dual loyalty?" The House eventually passed a resolution last week, with only a few Republican dissenting, condemning "hateful expressions of intolerance" against Jews, Muslims and other minorities.
But she's also continued to employ controversial rhetoric when discussing Israel, American foreign policy and lobbying. "We must not, however, equate anti-Semitism with legitimate criticism of the right-wing, Netanyahu government in Israel", the Vermont independent said.
- Pi Day 2019 deals in Hampton Roads
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill being investigated for battery on child
- Lilly Singh becomes first YouTuber to host USA talk show
- North Korea Accuses ‘Gangster-Like’ John Bolton of Sabotaging Denuclearization Talks
- Defending champ Osaka blitzed by Bencic
- Happy Not To Draw Arsenal - Chelsea Director
- Miami Dolphins trade Ryan Tannehill to Titans for draft picks
- Valve debuts Steam Link Anywhere, opens its multiplayer platform to devs
- Qatar 2022 organisers 'open' to FIFA's expansion plan
- Microsoft Brings Xbox Live to iOS and Android