Bangladesh's coach, former England wicketkeeper Steve Rhodes, said: "Obviously the whole experience has cut up the whole team and staff".
Forty-nine people are believed to have been killed in the shootings at the Deans Avenue and Linwood Avenue mosques.
Australian Brenton Tarrant, 28, the main suspect in the killings, appeared in court on a single murder charge on Saturday. They had a narrow escape and remained unhurt.
Chowdhury reiterated the BCB president Nazmul Hassan's stance, saying that they would not visit any country unless there is minimum security standard. It was an unprecedented act of violence.
Bangladesh was whitewashed by New Zealand in the three-match series of one-day internationals and also lost the first two tests. "Frightening experience and please keep us in your prayers", he wrote.
Barred from getting off the bus, they waited for several minutes before escaping the vehicle and running back through the park to the nearby oval. "We did not know what was going around and also how to get out of the scene", the team's performance analyst, Shrinivas Chandrasekaran, said.
But Chowdhury understood New Zealand matter and said it depends on the security assessment of the country that how they would ensure security.
As is the case for cricket teams that do not travel with their own dedicated security personnel - unlike England and Australia - the Bangladesh squad did not have security with them during their New Zealand tour. We must have been about 50 yards from the mosque.
"Hearts pumping badly and panic everywhere".
All 14 players who'd come to the Oval for the Test-eve practice session, plus the three from the support staff boarded the team bus shortly after 1.30 pm, which was their scheduled time for prayers.
"Entire team got saved from active shooters", Iqbal tweeted.
"When Australia, England were anxious about our security, we told that no country is safe from terrorist attack". "I have spoken to my counterpart in Bangladesh and we both agree that it's inappropriate to play cricket at this time". "Auckland Cricket and New Zealand Cricket completely respect and support their decision".
"Our heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends of those affected by the shocking situation in Christchurch", announced Black Caps Twitter account.
They also abandoned a tour of Pakistan in May 2002 following a suicide bombing outside their hotel in Karachi. Due to the lack of direct flights between New Zealand and Bangladesh, the team will need to transfer in Singapore to go home.
- Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
- Indian Wells: Federer, Nadal in quarters
- Elon Musk's lawyers: SEC contempt motion "smacks of retaliation and censorship"
- 'Bomb cyclone,' late winter storm slams Plains, Midwest
- Labour leader Corbyn to ask UK PM about progress in Brexit talks
- Rescue, evacuations continue in eastern Nebraska
- Sanders's campaign aide apologizes for dual-loyalty remark in reference to Jews
- Democrat Beto O'Rourke announces run for president in 2020
- Qatar 2022 organisers 'open' to FIFA's expansion plan
- Suspected White Supremacist Brenton Tarrant Charged After Christchurch Mosque Shootings | HuffPost Canada