He is expected to immediately set out on a campaign swing through Iowa, which holds the first Democratic nominating contest in February 2020.
"Well, I think he's got a lot of hand movement".
"Let us not allow our differences to define us as at this moment", O'Rourke told a whooping crowd, his heels perched at the countertop's edge.
BETO O'Rourke, a skateboarding former punk rocker feted as one of the Democratic Party's rising stars, said yesterday he is running for president - joining a crowded field of candidates vying to challenge US President Donald Trump in 2020.
Trump took more note of O'Rourke's gyrations than his policy plans.
Asked about climate change specifically, O'Rourke rallied would-be supporters behind his call for a dramatic and admittedly costly approach to combatting climate change, enthusiastically endorsing the green new deal resolution and praising the progressive freshman Democrats who have pushed the proposal. "He could be a good candidate for Kamala Harris to add to the ticket", Branham said.
"As we're sure you've seen, we have another Democrat in the race today".
The American and global media jump up every time he makes a move and, unlike fellow Democratic candidates with far more experience, he was granted a cover interview with Vanity Fair and is... The three-term El Paso congressman notably received backlash for failing to clarify where he stood on issues during his unsuccessful run to unseat Republican Sen.
Beyond a previously announced event in Waterloo, Iowa on Saturday, O'Rourke is expected to visit other towns in eastern Iowa, traditionally a Democratic stronghold, Politico said.
At a house party in Muscatine on Thursday night, O'Rourke spoke about institutionalized racism, the harm done to African-Americans after emancipation and the failures of the Civil Rights movement but did not come down on either side of the reparations debate.
In his announcement video, O'Rourke said he would run a "positive campaign that seeks to bring out the very best from every single one of us, that seeks to unite a very divided country".
- Samsung is working to put a selfie camera underneath a phone's screen
- Indian Wells: Federer, Nadal in quarters
- Elon Musk's lawyers: SEC contempt motion "smacks of retaliation and censorship"
- British lawmakers back Brexit delay - Newspaper
- Brexit: Donald Trump blasts Theresa May for not taking his advice
- Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
- Sanders's campaign aide apologizes for dual-loyalty remark in reference to Jews
- Happy Not To Draw Arsenal - Chelsea Director
- New Zealand mosque gunman livestreamed shooting, published manifesto
- Rural Cops Brought Down Christchurch Massacre Suspect