The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a statement today (Friday) saying: "Widespread and extremely risky flooding will continue today and tonight".
River levels will be on the rise through Friday night with a few expected to reach flood stage over NE Iowa and many others to come close to flood stage.
The Grand River Conservation Authority is issuing the following combined Flood Warning/Flood Watch message, which replaces Flood Message #3.
The South Raccoon River is forecast to rise to 20.8 feet, or 0.8 feet above flood stage, Thursday morning and then begin falling to below flood stage by midday. Due to the high water evaluations, they say that water from the Missouri River may reach low lying areas. "We need you to follow instructions and evacuate when we say you need to evacuate".
Southeastern Colfax County in northeastern Nebraska...
Rain and snowmelt from a massive late-winter storm pushed streams and rivers out of their banks, saturated rural fields and swelled on city streets from Nebraska to Wisconsin, even threatening a nuclear power plant Friday, with the flooding expected to last into the weekend.
Residents in Dakota Dunes, Riverland Estates, Wynstone, and other rural residences should secure their property and prepare to voluntarily evacuate. The Nebraska Public Power District said it was likely the Cooper Nuclear Station about 59 miles south of Omaha would be shut down early Saturday.
However, flooding will persist throughout the MS and Missouri river.
While Gavins Point is releasing water this spring, Watson said the source of this week's flooding is coming below the dam.
Pierce says when it does there will be another round of flooding in those states that will then move south along the Mississippi River into IL and Iowa.
The midweek storm crippled parts of Colorado and Wyoming with blizzard conditions.
A ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy weather situation as the National Weather Service doesn't anticipate any more rain for a while. Flooding, hail and strong winds also were reported in parts of the two states. DO NOT take USA 275 North. Flooding in Hamburg, Iowa will block your progress.
NEVER, ever, move or drive past Road Closed signs.
- Love Island's Mike Thalassitis Found Dead Aged 26
- Imam of attacked New Zealand mosque says 'we still love this country'
- Happy Not To Draw Arsenal - Chelsea Director
- Qatar 2022 organisers 'open' to FIFA's expansion plan
- O'Brien back for Ireland, Beirne makes Six Nations bow
- New York Giants add WR Golden Tate and DE Markus Golden
- DeMarcus Cousins leads Golden State Warriors over Houston Rockets with dominant performance
- Brexit: Donald Trump blasts Theresa May for not taking his advice
- Elon Musk's lawyers: SEC contempt motion "smacks of retaliation and censorship"
- Democrat Beto O'Rourke announces run for president in 2020