By pooling their fleets, Tesla's electric cars will be counted as part of Fiat's fleet of vehicles when it comes to Carbon dioxide emission measurements, thereby allowing Fiat to meet strict European Union emission targets due to come into force next year.
By 2021, manufacturers need to achieve an average fleet emissions figure of 95g/km or face a fine of 95 Euros multipled by their total volume for every gramme over target. FCA's resistance to EVs is because its former CEO, Sergio Marchionne, has been critical of these vehicles and his opposition has significantly slowed down the electrification of FCA's lineup.
Fiat Chrysler has been relatively quiet in the race to develop electric vehicles compared to other legacy carmakers, such as Volkswagen, which has stated it plans 70 electric vehicle models by 2030 and is committing €30 billion ($A48 billion) to do so.
The automaker formed an open pool with Tesla on February 25, the FT said, citing a declaration with the European Commission, allowing FCA to include Tesla vehicles to help lower its average emissions across its model lineup.Читайте также: Actress Allison Mack pleads guilty
The exact amount of the payment has not been revealed, but is is hundreds said to be hundreds of millions.
"FCA is committed to reducing the emissions of all our products".
So flow for the calculation of the CO2-limit-average of the FCA-a fleet in the future also the CO2-neutral vehicles in the electric auto pioneer Tesla. FCA is now readying the second-generation Fiat 500 2.0 for the European market, and it has confirmed that the model would be powered entirely by electricity.
Tesla has made quite a lot of money from selling its emission credits in the United States, where it is allowed to do so given that it is a completely zero-emission company. According to The Financial Times, Tesla sold $103.4 million ($145.3 million) credits in 2018 and $279.7 million ($393 million) in 2017.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- British Woman Arrested In Dubai Over "Horse" Comment On Ex-Husband's Wife
- Kodak Black Apologizes To Lauren London: "Rest In Peace To Dude"
- Two soldiers 'killed' as army turns on intelligence services at Sudan protests
- Trump adviser says Trump not trying to hurt Fed independence
- Windows 10 Relaxes About External Storage Removal
- Trump orders firing of U.S Secret Service Chief
- Americans killed by bomb in Afghanistan
- ‘Eden Hazard passing Real Madrid audition’: Best reaction to Chelsea forward’s double
- Microsoft Chromium Based Edge Browser Is Now Available
- Amazon Prepping Alexa-Powered Wireless Earbuds