After he made the trade request, the forward played just 15 games from a possible 31 in a career-low 56-game-season.
If that wasn't already enough, Davis was then asked about that shirt the following day and he gave the dumbest excuse ever as he explained why he has no control over what he wears. The Pelicans fired general manager Dell Demps during the season and are now conducting interviews to find the new person who will lead the organization.
Backlash was, of course, swift, as folks online bemoaned Davis' pettiness. "I know that it's a possibility that next year I could be here as well, so I can't be mad if I'm here next year".
No matter what happens in the offseason, Davis said numerous times during the nine-minute news conference that he loved playing in New Orleans, and he's so grateful for the fans and their support over the last seven seasons.
When the Pelicans opted not to ship off Davis at the trade deadline, the superstar desired to return to the court, despite several powerful people inside the organization protesting it.
"It got pretty wild", Davis said. "Seeing who the Pelicans make their GM and having a conversation with that person about the future". While he'd rather be traded, Davis knows there is a real possibility he'll have to stay.
Gentry says the 26-year-old NBA All-Star is a "good, solid guy with good character". "What's going on with the Lakers - I got a lot of other stuff to worry about".
"(I haven't seen a situation) this toxic, no.
"I think in everything you do, there's always something to learn", he continued.
- Disney's Netflix competitor to debut November 12th priced at $6.99 per month
- Khashoggi family denies settlement with Saudis: statement
- Queensland should proceed with final approvals for Adani’s Carmichael mine, says MCA
- May tells MPs it is their national duty to agree Brexit deal
- Police draw guns on Roomba vacuum cleaner in suspected burglary
- Excessive consumption of some dietary supplements can reduce life expectancy
- House votes to restore Obama-era net neutrality rules
- North Korea shakes up leadership amid diplomacy, economic efforts: KCNA
- Chicago Sues Jussie Smollett to Recoup Cost of Hate Crime Probe
- Mike Pence hits back at Pete Buttigieg: ‘He knows me better’