Former CFL player Cierre Wood is facing charges of child abuse, child neglect and first-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend's five-year-old daughter, multiple media outlets are reporting. Redfearn reports the couple was arrested at the hospital, and KLAS has identified the woman arrested with Wood as Amy Taylor. The girl, 5-year-old La'Ravah Davis, died Tuesday night at Summerlin Hospital, according to the coroner's office. He originally was charged with first-degree child abuse and neglect.
Jail records showed that Wood was being held without bail.
In a court hearing on Thursday, prosecutors said an autopsy revealed a large liver laceration (per News3LV).
Wood played three seasons for Notre Dame, playing in the BCS National Championship Game in 2013. He also tallied 52 catches for 384 yards and 2 touchdowns. While he dressed for two games with the New England patriots, he never actually played. He most recently was released by the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes in 2017.
In January 2014, Wood was signed by the Baltimore Ravens who released him that August.
- Jet Airways cancels ALL global flights - chaos as furious passengers stranded
- How a graduate student helped capture the first black hole image
- Jet hits more turbulence as fleet shrinks and fuel terms tightened
- Facebook adds Tributes section to profiles whose owners have passed
- Manchester United want THIS Premier League to replace Ander Herrera!
- England’s Tamsin Beaumont is among Wisden’s Cricketers of the Year
- U.N. aid chief says 'very real humanitarian problem' in Venezuela
- Excessive consumption of some dietary supplements can reduce life expectancy
- Attorney general says 'I think spying did occur' on Trump's campaign
- Watch The Nipsey Hussle Memorial Live Stream