With regard to the trial, Salah said it is still ongoing and "no settlement discussion had been or is discussed".
Salah Khashoggi, son of late Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, posted a statement on his official Twitter account saying there was no third party authorized to speak on behalf of the Khashoggi family.
USA intelligence agencies believe that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the murder of Khashoggi, who had written critically of the crown prince. Riyadh initially denied any knowledge of the killing, but later blamed rogue agents for Khashoggi's death.
The statement did not openly confirm or deny possible reparations from the Saudi king or crown prince, whom the family called "guardians to all Saudis".
"Acts of wisdom and generosity arise from high morals and humanity and are not an admission of guilt or error".
The Trump administration has been facing huge criticism from lawmakers for its response to Khashoggi's murder. We were raised to be grateful for favours and not reject them, " the family said in the statement.
The US Senate on Wednesday (local time) voted to confirm John Abizaid as the new ambassador to Saudi Arabia, a position that was lying vacant since 2017.
Saudi Arabia cut off diplomatic ties with Iran in January 2016 as a response to attacks on Saudi diplomatic missions in Iran, triggered by execution of prominent Shiite cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr by Saudi authorities.
But Republicans and Democrats have both bristled over the White House's apparent embrace of the kingdom and its leadership.
The State Department previously revoked the visas of almost two dozen Saudi officials and froze the assets of 17 others.
- May tells MPs it is their national duty to agree Brexit deal
- Jet Airways cancels ALL global flights - chaos as furious passengers stranded
- Boeing to meet with U.S. airlines over 737 MAX
- Ex-Als RB Wood charged with murder
- Toddler locks dad’s iPad for more than 25 million minutes
- Excessive consumption of some dietary supplements can reduce life expectancy
- Trump Touts 55 Percent Approval From Poll That Found 43 Percent Approval
- New Species of Ancient Human Discovered in Philippine Cave
- Mike Pence hits back at Pete Buttigieg: ‘He knows me better’
- Queensland should proceed with final approvals for Adani’s Carmichael mine, says MCA