In a final tribute to Wade's Hall of Fame career, Barclays Center showered the 6-foot-4 guard with cheers and an electric atmosphere not duplicated since the team had Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the playoffs.
It ended with the ultimate tribute to the completeness of Wade's game, a triple-double completed before the start of the fourth quarter, the fifth triple-double of Wade's 16-season career and first since February 2011 - 25 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists.
Wade played 36 minutes and received a loud hand from fans each time he touched the ball.
The trio travelled to Brooklyn to see Wade off one last time midweek. Before leaving the court, he embraced teammates on the floor, then hugged coach Erik Spoelstra and waved to the crowd.
Wade even went out in style too, recording his only triple-double of the season which was reached with an assist to Udonis Haslem, which couldn't have been more flawless. Wade's best friends in the league all came out for the occasion, as LeBron James, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony were all able to make it and sit courtside to watch his final game.
The video focused on highlights from Wade's impressive career, including the Heat selecting him fifth overall in the 2003 National Basketball Association draft to his return to Miami previous year after leaving to play for the Bulls and Cavaliers.
The clip includes the sister of a Parkland school shooting victim, Joaquin Oliver, whom Wade honored by writing his name on his sneakers before a game. Brooklyn brought a 92-71 edge into the fourth. Riley did appear to be joking, but for a second there, Wade was left speechless.
- Dedicate win to my wife, it's her birthday: Pollard
- Thousands of Amazon workers are listening to your Alexa conversations
- Is Ariana Grande Planning a "Thank U, Next" Body Lotion?
- Boeing to meet with U.S. airlines over 737 MAX
- N Korea convenes top-level meeting over 'tense situation': KCNA
- England’s Tamsin Beaumont is among Wisden’s Cricketers of the Year
- Trump Touts 55 Percent Approval From Poll That Found 43 Percent Approval
- Attorney general says 'I think spying did occur' on Trump's campaign
- Anthony Davis Clearly Trolls Pelicans With Shirt Choice Before Final Home Game
- Tiger Woods upbeat after opening round at Masters