Durant went on to be the No. 2 overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, and Beverley was taken by the Lakers two years later in the second round, working his way into the NBA playing overseas, with brief stints in Greece, Ukraine and Russian Federation before catching on with the Houston Rockets midway through the 2012-13 season.
With 4:41 to play, the two got tangled up, with Durant pushing Beverley into the scorer's table. "It was fun out there", Beverley said.
When asked afterward if he was intentionally trying to egg on the four-time scoring champion, Beverley said he was just being himself.
While the Golden State Warriors did as expected in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night at Oracle Arena, 121-104, it was also fight night. I have a lot of respect for him.
"Pat's going to talk, and that's legal", Clippers coach Doc Rivers said.
Montrezl Harrell led the Clippers with 26 points and fellow reserve Lou Williams accounted for 25 points and nine assists as LA returned to the playoffs after missing last season following six straight appearances. Durant finished with 23 points on 8-of-16 shooting, while Beverley finished with 3 points on 1-of-6 shooting. He took the bait. As Kerr noted, a player needs seven techs to trigger an automatic suspension in the playoffs, no matter how far the player's team advances. He's a hell of a defender who plays hard. "The games would take four hours", Kerr said.
During his first game of the postseason, Curry has passed Ray Allen for the most 3-pointers made in National Basketball Association playoff history.
- Valtteri Bottas secures pole for Mercedes at 1,000th GP
- Messenger could be returning to the Facebook app
- Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
- Kings, Luke Walton Agree to Terms on Multi-Year Deal
- Watch the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order reveal stream here
- Aubameyang calls for end of racist abuse
- Tsunami scare in Indonesia after 6.8 earthquake strikes eastern zone
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre: ‘India will never forget martyrs’ sacrifices,’ says PM Modi
- 3 killed after small plane collides with helicopter in Nepal
- Facebook May Finally Stop Forcing You to Use Its Messenger App