Kucherov was given a major penalty and ejected for hitting Nutivaara in a defenseless position with 4:26 remaining in the lopsided defeat.
The Tampa Bay Lightning aren't exactly off to a good start in their first-round Stanley Cup playoff series against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Kucherov scored 128 points this season (41 goals and 87 assists), the most the National Hockey League has seen since Jaromir Jagr scored 161 in 1995-96.
The Lightning outscored Columbus 17-3 in winning all three meetings in the regular season.
With Kucherov unavailable, here's what Tampa Bay's lines looked like during practice on Saturday.
Tampa Bay is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings between these two teams and are 6-1 in the last 7 meetings between these two teams in Columbus. The Department of Player Safety announced Kucherov will be suspended for Game 3 because of the hit.
Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said he didn't see the hit and had intentionally not reviewed it before his post-game news conference.
However, through two games of the first round Kucherov has yet to record a point. Among them: Kucherov was in control of the play at all times.
- Spal 2 - 1 Juventus - Match Report & Highlights
- Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
- Multiple people shot by gunman outside popular nightclub in inner Melbourne
- New Sharp 6.18 inch foldable AMOLED display shown off on video
- WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram down around the world
- Vasiliy Lomachenko obliterates Ant Crolla in lopsided fight, calls out Mikey Garcia
- Farage: Unlike Labour, Brexit Party will be intolerant of intolerance
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sweetest moments
- New 'Avengers: Endgame' Clip Has The Avengers Splitting Into Teams
- Manchester United v West Ham: Leaky Devils can claim crucial three points