There are strong suggestions that he is off to Real Madrid this summer and if that is the case, Chelsea should be asking for a fee well in excess of £100m because this brilliant Belgian would be a sensation if he has five strong years in Spain. "It's not about frustrating Liverpool, it's about playing our game".
I'd just turned 31 when I moved from Liverpool to Sampdoria in 1984, but I played as a sitting, central midfielder.
And their supporters are being reminded that this is potentially a historic season everywhere they look.
Chelsea are in a similar position as they face United and, this weekend, Liverpool.
The challenge only gets more hard for Pep Guardiola's side after their game against Crystal Palace. Both the youngsters were rested for the Slavia Prague game, which could mean they've successfully graduated from the mid-week European team to the league XI.
Palace missed a late penalty to beat City last season in this fixture and if they can score first today, Guardiola's side will be under big pressure to respond.
Sunday's visit of Chelsea, nearly exactly five years since Jose Mourinho's team derailed the Reds' title bid with a 2-0 win at Anfield, has resulted in parallels being drawn with the last time the Merseysiders were in contention for the Premier League.
"It was a few years ago, but we went there and they had the party ready because they were smashing every team at Anfield", Azpilicueta told Sky Sports.
- Rusty's Forecast - Strong to severe storms possible this evening
- International Court Judges Reject Afghanistan Investigation
- Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
- Tsunami scare in Indonesia after 6.8 earthquake strikes eastern zone
- Big New Contract For Braves Player
- World's biggest plane makes first flight
- Doc Rivers gets technical foul defending Patrick Beverley
- Trump says he considered his daughter Ivanka to lead the World Bank
- SpaceX carries out first commercial launch with Falcon Heavy rocket
- Valtteri Bottas secures pole for Mercedes at 1,000th GP