A wave of strong storms and possible tornadoes swept through Alabama overnight Saturday into Sunday, leaving destruction in several places. The parents in the front seats were not hurt.
A tornado ripped through Franklin, Texas, on Saturday, as the National Weather Service in the state posted one tornado warning after another.
Additional details were not immediately available.
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has also been announced for Chattooga, Dade, and Walker counties until 8:30 a.m. and Floyd County until 8:45 a.m., with 60 miles per hour winds expected.
Robertson County Texas Sheriff Gerald Yezak (YEZ'-ik) told The Associated Press that a suspected tornado hit Franklin on Saturday, overturning mobile homes and damaging other residences. Trees were reported down in each location but there were no immediate reports of damage, injuries or fatalities.
A large storm system will move across West and North Texas through the day.
Two people were hospitalized for injuries not thought to be life-threatening, while others were treated at the scene for minor injuries, Yezak said. A few showers are still possible through the day, but we can see a good amount of dry time during the afternoon as well. There is a 15% chance that these scattered storms could turn severe, producing gusty winds, small hail or even an isolated tornado. The system shifts to the Ohio Valley and the Southeast on Sunday. Storms will quickly race to the northeast, moving into eastern Nebraska and the metro area near or after 9pm.
To the north, dime-sized hail pounded the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Messenger could be returning to the Facebook app
- You Can Now Play Apple Podcasts Online In Web Browser
- New 'Avengers: Endgame' Clip Has The Avengers Splitting Into Teams
- Aubameyang calls for end of racist abuse
- Lightning will have to do without Nikita Kucherov facing 0-3 deficit
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre: ‘India will never forget martyrs’ sacrifices,’ says PM Modi
- Valtteri Bottas secures pole for Mercedes at 1,000th GP
- Man City boss Guardiola: Sane knows why he's not playing
- Watch the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order reveal stream here
- International Court Judges Reject Afghanistan Investigation