A wave of strong storms and possible tornadoes swept through Alabama overnight Saturday into Sunday, leaving destruction in several places. The parents in the front seats were not hurt.
A tornado ripped through Franklin, Texas, on Saturday, as the National Weather Service in the state posted one tornado warning after another.
Additional details were not immediately available.
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has also been announced for Chattooga, Dade, and Walker counties until 8:30 a.m. and Floyd County until 8:45 a.m., with 60 miles per hour winds expected.
Robertson County Texas Sheriff Gerald Yezak (YEZ'-ik) told The Associated Press that a suspected tornado hit Franklin on Saturday, overturning mobile homes and damaging other residences. Trees were reported down in each location but there were no immediate reports of damage, injuries or fatalities.
A large storm system will move across West and North Texas through the day.
Two people were hospitalized for injuries not thought to be life-threatening, while others were treated at the scene for minor injuries, Yezak said. A few showers are still possible through the day, but we can see a good amount of dry time during the afternoon as well. There is a 15% chance that these scattered storms could turn severe, producing gusty winds, small hail or even an isolated tornado. The system shifts to the Ohio Valley and the Southeast on Sunday. Storms will quickly race to the northeast, moving into eastern Nebraska and the metro area near or after 9pm.
To the north, dime-sized hail pounded the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- All eyes on Tiger Woods as leaders prepare for Masters third round
- Big New Contract For Braves Player
- You Can Now Play Apple Podcasts Online In Web Browser
- Messenger could be returning to the Facebook app
- Doc Rivers gets technical foul defending Patrick Beverley
- Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL case renders leaked
- Trump says he considered his daughter Ivanka to lead the World Bank
- Skype Preview adds screen sharing feature on iOS and Android
- Tsunami scare in Indonesia after 6.8 earthquake strikes eastern zone
- Lightning will have to do without Nikita Kucherov facing 0-3 deficit