Microsoft is working on a new mobile feature that would allow Skype users on Android and iOS to share their screens during a call. Other popular messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, or even Google's Duo lack such a feature, which means Skype is now one of the most convenient ways to broadcast your screen.
The new screen sharing feature will allow you to share your screen with the person on the other side of the call.
There are lots of reasons why you might want to share your screen - or see someone else's. For example, you could load up a PowerPoint presentation, share the screen, and swipe through the slides while you talk about the content. Starting today, Skype has you covered. Microsoft aims to bring as numerous desktop apps attributes to mobile to enhance collaboration on the go. Considering that this feature moved from beta to the stable build in just a month, we can hope screen-sharing goes live in a similar duration as well. So, you need to be a Skype Insider for getting the feature. Microsoft made it clear Apple's mobile OS would support the feature, so it's probably just a matter of time rather than anything serious. And because it's baked into Skype, you don't need any special software or settings configurations to use it. Skype would come with a new button to share the screen, with simple options being offered, including permissions for the incoming video and subtitles.
Skype is a staple in video chat around the world and Microsoft is planning to make the mobile app more capable with screen sharing. If you are interested in testing it, you will have to install the beta version on your device.
- Kings, Luke Walton Agree to Terms on Multi-Year Deal
- Democrats set new deadline for release of Trump tax returns
- Facebook May Finally Stop Forcing You to Use Its Messenger App
- Australian general election to begin May 18
- Big New Contract For Braves Player
- Detroit Pistons playoff tickets on sale now
- European Union prepares to retaliate against USA tariff threat
- Deputy’s Son Arrested for Allegedly Setting Fire to Three Historically Black Churches
- Xbox Game Pass Announces Some Big Additions for April
- Lightning will have to do without Nikita Kucherov facing 0-3 deficit