It's Saturday at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago and the biggest news in the galaxy continues to drop in the Wintrust Arena at McCormick Place. They were designed by Respawn Entertainment in collaboration with Lucasfilm and shared with Marvel for the new Darth Vader comic.
"When Respawn approached us with the idea for this game, we were immediately supportive", said Steven Blank, director of franchise content and strategy for the Lucasfilm Story Group.
There are already some clues there for fans to dissect. An early 2018 report had the game lined up to release prior to fiscal year 2020. Considering its track record with the previous games, we are hoping to get a good Star Wars game because of the scepticism from the previous controversial release Star Wars: Battlefront II.
Fallen Order's release date?
Again, the aforementioned leak goes into more detail.
The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Disney is also developing other "Star Wars" themed properties, including "The Mandalorian", a series for Disney+ as led by filmmaker Jon Favreau, and a "Rogue One" prequel series that focuses on Diego Luna's character from that film. The film looks to be leaning heavily on the original trilogy given the inclusion of that medal, the Death Star, and of course the return of Emperor Palpatine. That's just one of the many exciting things we'll find out on November 19.
The 2-minute trailer features Ray, the trilogy's heroin, as she fulfills her own legend - presumably the film's central theme, as the voice of Luke Skywalker uttered the lines in the background: "We've passed on all we know". He'll be joined on his adventures by BD-1, a companion droid who shares a strong bond with the runaway Jedi, as well as a mysterious ally named Cere.
You also need to consider some of the creative talent working on the project, Stig Asmussen being a name many God of War fans are familiar with.
What will Fallen Order play like? That's not to say that it won't have some sort of live component, however.
This will be an expansion of Star Wars lore, though going back to known planets was teased.
- Facebook May Finally Stop Forcing You to Use Its Messenger App
- Democrats set new deadline for release of Trump tax returns
- New 'Avengers: Endgame' Clip Has The Avengers Splitting Into Teams
- World's biggest plane makes first flight
- Deputy’s Son Arrested for Allegedly Setting Fire to Three Historically Black Churches
- Kings, Luke Walton Agree to Terms on Multi-Year Deal
- Skype Preview adds screen sharing feature on iOS and Android
- Aubameyang calls for end of racist abuse
- You Can Now Play Apple Podcasts Online In Web Browser
- WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram down around the world