All the sites displayed a "can't be reached" message.
Social media fans have also noticed problems with Instagram and have taken to Twitter to complain.
Downdetector.com's live outage map showed that the issues mainly cropped up in Europe.
One of the users joked tweeting, "Here we go again". Downdetector.co.uk reported over 4700 complaints that Facebook was down in the United Kingdom at about 10am local time in the morning.
At the time of writing, Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram representatives are yet to acknowledge the outage on Twitter.
This article, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp down worldwide: Singapore, Manila, Bangkok among those hit, originally appeared on Coconuts, Asia's leading alternative media company.
- World's biggest plane makes first flight
- New 'Avengers: Endgame' Clip Has The Avengers Splitting Into Teams
- You Can Now Play Apple Podcasts Online In Web Browser
- Democrats set new deadline for release of Trump tax returns
- Manchester United v West Ham: Leaky Devils can claim crucial three points
- Spal 2 - 1 Juventus - Match Report & Highlights
- Australian general election to begin May 18
- All eyes on Tiger Woods as leaders prepare for Masters third round
- Xbox Game Pass Announces Some Big Additions for April
- Vasiliy Lomachenko obliterates Ant Crolla in lopsided fight, calls out Mikey Garcia