All the sites displayed a "can't be reached" message.
Social media fans have also noticed problems with Instagram and have taken to Twitter to complain.
Downdetector.com's live outage map showed that the issues mainly cropped up in Europe.
One of the users joked tweeting, "Here we go again". Downdetector.co.uk reported over 4700 complaints that Facebook was down in the United Kingdom at about 10am local time in the morning.
At the time of writing, Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram representatives are yet to acknowledge the outage on Twitter.
This article, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp down worldwide: Singapore, Manila, Bangkok among those hit, originally appeared on Coconuts, Asia's leading alternative media company.
- IPL 2019: Steyn replaces Coulter-Nile in Royals Challengers Bangalore squad
- Manchester United v West Ham: Leaky Devils can claim crucial three points
- Phil Mickelson: Don’t rule out Tiger Woods in 2019 Masters at Augusta
- Deputy’s Son Arrested for Allegedly Setting Fire to Three Historically Black Churches
- Messenger could be returning to the Facebook app
- Spal 2 - 1 Juventus - Match Report & Highlights
- Multiple people shot by gunman outside popular nightclub in inner Melbourne
- Valtteri Bottas secures pole for Mercedes at 1,000th GP
- Skype Preview adds screen sharing feature on iOS and Android
- Australian general election to begin May 18