The Houston County Sheriff's Office also confirmed to PEOPLE that a 70-year-old woman, whom police have identified as Kathryn Baxter, died in her home located in the eastern part of Houston County, Texas, from storm-related debris. The children were pronounced dead at the scene.
The biggest concern for tornado development is on Saturday afternoon and evening, as the potent piece of energy slides eastward into Louisiana, clashing with a very strong inflow of moist and unstable tropical air from the Gulf of Mexico. At least one mobile home was destroyed, throwing a man from the mobile home.
The entire town of Franklin and neighboring Bremond lost electricity, with power expected to be restored Saturday night.
To the north, dime-sized hail pounded the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The system shifts to the Ohio Valley and the Southeast on Sunday.
SPC severe weather outlook for Saturday afternoon. Heavy rain may also lead to localized flash flooding in areas prone to flooding.
About 65,000 homes and businesses are without power in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.
He said the threat for severe weather is greatest at such times but that the risk remained even after warm temperatures dropped.
But tornadoes aren't the only possible cause of destruction Sunday. A tornado was reported in the area 140 miles (225 kilometers) southwest of Memphis, Tennessee, at the time. The setup for Sunday is certainly an attention getter for a couple waves of severe storms to impact the Commonwealth.
A large storm system that dumped snow on Colorado and is threatening to make it a soggy weekend for many states to the south and east has drenched parts of Texas and spawned a possible tornado that didn't hurt anyone.
- Man City boss Guardiola: Sane knows why he's not playing
- National Hockey League playoffs 2019: Maple Leafs' Mitch Marner scores on penalty shot
- Police open fire after Ukrainian ambassador's vehicle 'deliberately rammed'
- International Court Judges Reject Afghanistan Investigation
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre: ‘India will never forget martyrs’ sacrifices,’ says PM Modi
- Highlights from The Mandalorian at Star Wars Celebration
- Doc Rivers gets technical foul defending Patrick Beverley
- Ex-Obama White House counsel caught in Mueller dragnet
- Rusty's Forecast - Strong to severe storms possible this evening
- Normal for title-chasing Liverpool to feel heat - Chelsea's Sarri