Jockey Hugh Bowman was emotional as he reflected immediately after the race.
"It's an awesome experience".
"To get that fairytale result, it was like your wedding day", Waller said in an interview on Sunrise on Channel 7.
"It's over", Bowman said.
"I think horses touch generations and you must respect that and people go through different parts of life", Waller said.
"Everyone watching around the world ..."
"America, Europe. Africa. All over Australia".
The world's top-rated turf horse sprinted home in front of 50,000 people at Royal Randwick in Sydney. "She is the most unbelievable, supreme athlete I think I've ever seen".
Bowman brought Winx out slowly from the traps early on before settling into sixth place, and then made a signature dash to the finish on the 600-metre mark. Bowman had the Japanese runner measured, however, and won going away as Winx has done in virtually all of her victories.
Coming in at $1.06 odds, Winx produced the highest hold on a single horse the TAB has ever witnessed - more than $3.8 million was placed on the mare ahead of the Saturday blockbuster.
Her final run gave Waller his 100th Group 1 victor. I'll be forever thankful to her.
Waller has put Winx's imminent retirement to the back of his mind and has been concentrating on preparing his stable super star for her grand final appearance in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
Waller trained three Group 1 winners on Saturday, he also prepared Shraooh to win the Sydney Cup and Verry Ellegant to take out the ATC Australian Oaks. Winx has also won the Cox Plate, Australia's weight-for-age championship, a record four times.
Japanese-bred Kluger, a G2 victor in Japan for Carrot Farm who had not won a race since 2016, finished second, beaten 1 1/2 lengths, with Godolphin's veteran G1-winning Hartnell a distant third in the field of nine older runners going 2,000 meters (1 1/4 miles) on good turf in front of a packed house of 43,833 at Randwick racecourse.
- GM Confirms 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 and Announces its Release Date
- Game of Thrones Season 8
- Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony hospitalized
- White House denies Trump inciting violence against Muslim lawmaker
- Can Nvidia's GTX 1060 6GB cope with ray tracing? | Hardware
- Samsung Galaxy A80 reportedly spotted on AnTuTu, showing Snapdragon 730 prowess
- Ex-Obama White House counsel caught in Mueller dragnet
- Cain may not be able to pass US Senate hearings
- Nazem Kadri will have in-person hearing on Monday
- Chevron to gain Anadarko’s offshore Guyana oil assets after takeover