MS Dhoni captain of CSK during match 25 of the Vivo Indian Premier League Season 12, 2019 between the Rajasthan Royals and the Chennai Super Kings held at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur on the 11th April 2019.
Skipper Dinesh Karthik joined the opener Lynn and the duo added 42 runs on the board. In their first meeting, KKR were swept aside by Chennai and another defeat on Sunday would not help their cause as other teams are fast catching up on the second spot. The last match when KKR played in Chepauk turned out to be a disaster for KKR.
Suresh Raina has been guilty of not converting any of his starts in the 2019 IPL, and the only other significant contribution he made with the bat was in the game against Rajasthan Royals in Chennai, where had scored 32. KKR vs CSK live streaming will be available on Hotstar and Jio TV. No rain is in the forecast.
"It's a tough wicket to bowl on".
Russell who came into tie with six 40-plus scores hit Tahir for a four and a six before getting out with the scoreboard reading 133/5. "He's such a good player especially at the death so it's a pleasure to get him out". Joe Denly and Carlos Brathwaite missed out.
Under the astute captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Chennai are on a rampage with six wins out of seven, including three in a row.
This spurred a heated response from Dhoni and Ravindra Jadeja, with the former marching onto the field to slam the umpires decision.
There's a concern within the team that they are over-dependent on star all-rounder Andre Russell to get the job done and to his credit, the West Indian has been phenomenal in the tournament.
Bowlers: For KKR, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson, Prasidh Krishna are the top picks among bowlers while for CSK, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Scott Kuggeleijn will lead the bowling unit. As a whole, the CSK batting line-up, consisting of the likes of Faf du Plessis, Shane Watson and Suresh Raina have all clicked when needed.
Earlier, recording his best figures (4/27) in the competition, Tahir bowled a game-changing 15th over to account for Chris Lynn (82; 51 balls; 7×4 6×6) and Andre Russell (10) to dent the KKR's surge as they could only manage 161/8.
Thankfully for KKR, talented youngster Shubman Gill looked in sublime form and returned with a 65 off 39 balls after being promoted to open against Delhi Capitals.
- Epic Games snags Jason West, co-founder of Infinity Ward, Respawn Entertainment
- National Hockey League playoffs 2019: Maple Leafs' Mitch Marner scores on penalty shot
- Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony hospitalized
- Tiger Woods stars in Nike ad released after Masters win
- Normal for title-chasing Liverpool to feel heat - Chelsea's Sarri
- Ex-Obama White House counsel caught in Mueller dragnet
- Jokes hidden inside Oculus Touch controllers are ‘inappropriate,’ according to co-founder
- Can Nvidia's GTX 1060 6GB cope with ray tracing? | Hardware
- Chevron to gain Anadarko’s offshore Guyana oil assets after takeover
- Tiger Woods Has Won The Masters - His First Since 2005!