The Bruins beat Toronto in Game 2 to even up their best-of-seven series at one game apiece. Kadri left the penalty box, zoomed into the play, stole the puck from David Krecji.and skated right into Jake DeBrusk, whom Kadri had fought in the first period.
It will be Kadri's second playoff suspension in as many years. DeBrusk and Kadri went off for roughing after wrestling on the ice, although the latter did little to warrant a penalty, save for getting punched in the face.
But a third incident in the Bruins' 4-1 victory inside a deafening TD Garden on Saturday night that knotted their first-round playoff series 1-1 saw Kadri snap in yet another moment of post-season madness. Any comeback hopes ended, however, after Kadri's play, which merited a game misconduct and a major power play on which Patrice Bergeron added Boston's final goal. No penalty was called on the play. Game 3 is Monday in Toronto.
Kadri's hit on DeBrusk could be seen as retaliatory.
"If they could ever depend on Kadri, which once upon a time they could, they can't any more".
Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun's postgame story was titled "Maple Leafs need to say goodbye to Kadri".
Maple Leafs center Nazem Kadri will have a chance to plead his case to the NHL's Department of Player Safety face-to-face on Monday, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
In last year's playoffs, Kadri was suspended three games for boarding Boston forward Tommy Wingels.
"It's time for f-ing Auston Matthews to wake up", Avery said.
Boston hit everything in sight, jumping out to 3-0 lead in the second period before Kadri scored midway through the third, about four minutes before his cross-check on DeBrusk.
"Judging by the way Naz went down, it didn't seem great", Toronto defenseman Morgan Rielly said". Pastrnak promptly fed a no-look-behind-the-back pass on a 2-on-1 to Marchand, who delayed before sliding a shot through Andersen's pads as Boston led 24-12 in shot attempts after one. I got no comment.
At the other end, Tuukka Rask faced 31 shots, and his shutout bid was gone at 10:44 of the third period when Kadri deflected a Travis Dermott shot into the net.
- National Hockey League playoffs 2019: Maple Leafs' Mitch Marner scores on penalty shot
- Rusty's Forecast - Strong to severe storms possible this evening
- Dead as Storms Continue Across the Southern US
- Highlights from The Mandalorian at Star Wars Celebration
- GM Confirms 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 and Announces its Release Date
- 3 killed after small plane collides with helicopter in Nepal
- Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony hospitalized
- MI vs RR: Rajasthan Royals nearly choke before upsetting Mumbai Indians
- Can Nvidia's GTX 1060 6GB cope with ray tracing? | Hardware
- Samsung Galaxy A80 reportedly spotted on AnTuTu, showing Snapdragon 730 prowess