A tornado with winds howling from 86 to 110 miles per hour touched down in Union County around 12:30 a.m. Monday, the National Weather Service office at State College has confirmed.
A tornado watch has been issued for the Lehigh Valley and all of New Jersey through 7 a.m. Monday as a line of strong storms sweeps through from the west. This tornado had a clear TDS [tornado debris signature] with it.
We're monitoring as potential severe weather moves through the area Sunday The WTXL First Alert Weather team says local effects are being felt now. The path length and EF-rating on this second tornado is also unknown.
Airline spokesman Ross Feinstein said the addition of hail to Saturday's storms and the resulting need to inspect aircraft for resulting damage forced cancellation of 350 flights from DFW Saturday. An isolated tornado is also possible, but not likely, forecasters said.
"Heavy rainfall may hide this tornado".
The next round of severe weather, including tornadoes, damaging winds and hail, is expected to start later this week when a potent storm moves from the Rockies into the Central Plains. Dozens of homes in Hamilton, Mississippi, have been completely leveled.
A third child, Sebastian Omar Martinez, 13, drowned late on Saturday when he fell into a drainage ditch filled with flash floodwaters near Monroe, Louisiana, Deputy Glenn Springfield of the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office said.
A MS man, identified as 95-year-old Roy Ratliff died on Saturday when a tornado caused a tree to fall onto his home, Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley said. A tornado was reported in the area at the time. A mobile home community was damaged, but no injuries were reported.
In addition, three people were killed when a private jet crashed in MS on Saturday, although Bryant said it was unclear whether it was caused by the weather.
The tornado threat will be lower by then, but damaging winds could still present hazardous conditions.
National Weather Service meteorologist John Moore said a possible twister touched down in the Vicksburg, Mississippi, area.
In Alabama, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office reported on Sunday that a county worker had died in a hospital after being hit by a vehicle near Hueytown.
- Tiger Woods stars in Nike ad released after Masters win
- Fordham University student falls climbing campus bell tower to take photos
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry's Baby Breaks Royal Rules with Birth Plan
- Dozens dead in Afghan conflicts, Taliban's spring offensive condemned
- Everything We Know About the Star Wars TV Show The Mandalorian
- Australian race horse Winx retires after record 33rd straight win
- Trump says Boeing should fix, then re-brand Max jets
- Johnson left red faced after practice swing gaffe
- At least five killed in powerful thunderstorms, tornadoes in South
- There’s a BJP wave, says PM Modi