NFL players from around the league watched Woods' historic turnaround and showed the star golfer support on social media.
Numerous players he beat on Sunday were inspired as young boys to emulate Woods.
It was the fifth Masters title for Woods, his first since 2005, and it moved him three shy of the all-time record 18 major titles won by Jack Nicklaus. Due to inclement weather expected in the afternoon, the iconic post-round celebration of the Masters victor has been nixed in part because officials want to expedite gate closures.
In ending an 11-year major drought by winning the Masters, Woods collected his 15th major title, 22 years and a day after it all began in the very same place at Augusta National.
Woods, 43, seeks a 15th major in his career.
An all-American trio of three-time major victor Brooks Koepka, world number two Dustin Johnson and Xander Schauffele shared second on 276.
"I've never had an ace, ever, unfortunately", DeChambeau said.
In his first 14 major victories, Woods either led or was tied for the lead heading into the final round.
A who's who of sporting royalty were quick to hail Woods' sixth victory at the iconic Augusta course.
Paired together in the final round of last year's British Open, won by the Italian at Carnoustie, Molinari and Woods found themselves in the last group again battling for a major title. "I was really hoping it would go in". "And, you know, the next two majors are at Bethpage, where he's won [2002 U.S. Open], and Pebble Beach, where he's won [2000 U.S. Open]".
- MI vs RR: Rajasthan Royals nearly choke before upsetting Mumbai Indians
- Google and Huawei settle over to pay for Nexus
- GoFundMe for boy injured at Mall of America raises over $400,000
- Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony hospitalized
- Chevron to gain Anadarko’s offshore Guyana oil assets after takeover
- Normal for title-chasing Liverpool to feel heat - Chelsea's Sarri
- BTS and Halsey Break the Internet with "Boy with Luv" Video
- Game of Thrones Season 8
- GM Confirms 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 and Announces its Release Date
- White House denies Trump inciting violence against Muslim lawmaker