U.S. President Donald Trump questioned Saturday whether Congressional Democrats should have access to a redacted version of the Mueller report that cleared him of conspiring to collude with Russian Federation during the 2016 election.
According to a report from Politico, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) is making plans to meet behind the scenes with newly appointed Attorney General Bill Barr to set the stage for launching investigations into Justice Department officials who took part into the inquiry into President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.
Last month, Barr released a summary of Mueller's findings, almost 48 hours after the special counsel's investigation was completed.
No one other than Barr and key officials in the Justice Department, Mueller and his team of prosecutors appear to know what the report says about the extent of Trump campaign links with Russian Federation during his 2016 campaign or whether he took any actions as the US leader aimed at inhibiting the investigation.
The president's latest comments come days after he called the probe an attempted "coup", while Barr promised to investigate FBI "spying" on Trump.
Nadler said it "may be that Mueller decided not to prosecute obstruction of justice for various reasons that there wasn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt on some things".
Since the release of Barr's summary, Trump has claimed "total exoneration, no collusion, no obstruction".
Rosenstein on Friday defended Barr's handling of the process, saying the attorney general was "being as forthcoming as he can". Barr said he would release more of the report but would need time to make the necessary redactions before it could be made public.
- Tiger Woods Has Won The Masters - His First Since 2005!
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Trump will spread the migrant "burden" to sanctuary cities
- Game of Thrones Season 8
- Australian race horse Winx retires after record 33rd straight win
- Fordham University student falls climbing campus bell tower to take photos
- Trump says Boeing should fix, then re-brand Max jets
- Saudi oil cuts deeper than promised: IEA | ABS-CBN
- Tiger Woods stars in Nike ad released after Masters win
- Dead as Storms Continue Across the Southern US
- Police open fire after Ukrainian ambassador's vehicle 'deliberately rammed'