U.S. President Donald Trump questioned Saturday whether Congressional Democrats should have access to a redacted version of the Mueller report that cleared him of conspiring to collude with Russian Federation during the 2016 election.
According to a report from Politico, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) is making plans to meet behind the scenes with newly appointed Attorney General Bill Barr to set the stage for launching investigations into Justice Department officials who took part into the inquiry into President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.
Last month, Barr released a summary of Mueller's findings, almost 48 hours after the special counsel's investigation was completed.
No one other than Barr and key officials in the Justice Department, Mueller and his team of prosecutors appear to know what the report says about the extent of Trump campaign links with Russian Federation during his 2016 campaign or whether he took any actions as the US leader aimed at inhibiting the investigation.
The president's latest comments come days after he called the probe an attempted "coup", while Barr promised to investigate FBI "spying" on Trump.
Nadler said it "may be that Mueller decided not to prosecute obstruction of justice for various reasons that there wasn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt on some things".
Since the release of Barr's summary, Trump has claimed "total exoneration, no collusion, no obstruction".
Rosenstein on Friday defended Barr's handling of the process, saying the attorney general was "being as forthcoming as he can". Barr said he would release more of the report but would need time to make the necessary redactions before it could be made public.
- At least five killed in powerful thunderstorms, tornadoes in South
- Can Nvidia's GTX 1060 6GB cope with ray tracing? | Hardware
- Corey Lewandowski involved in GOP 2020 campaign to dethrone Ocasio-Cortez
- Chawla removes Rayudu as Super Kings stumble
- Uber Files for an IPO: What You Should Know
- Australian race horse Winx retires after record 33rd straight win
- White House denies Trump inciting violence against Muslim lawmaker
- Rahul, Karthik make the cut, Rayudu, Pant left out
- Saudi oil cuts deeper than promised: IEA | ABS-CBN
- Dozens dead in Afghan conflicts, Taliban's spring offensive condemned