Microsoft still has yet to announce the console, but a new leak has potentially revealed not only what the Xbox One S all-digital edition will look like, but how much it will cost, its features, release date, and more. The rumour first gained traction when it was revealed by the perpetually reliable Thurrott in November a year ago. The console itself is rather boring, a big white plastic box that looks exactly like a normal Xbox One X but without a disc drive slot, and it will come with one controller.
According to the report, the console offers a 1TB hard drive and will ship with preinstalled copies of Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft and Sea of Thieves - in Europe at least. More games can be purchased via the Microsoft Store.
Xbox One S All-Digital is also slated to release on 7th May according to the German site and it'll reportedly retail for €230.
Sims also reiterated his reporting on a trade-in program Microsoft is planning for disc-based Xbox titles, codenamed Odessa, which would give customers the "ability to take disc-based games and trade them in for a token to download the digital version of the game".
Even though the Xbox One S all-digital edition is launching at a budget price, it will still provide some decent power for those looking to upgrade from the standard Xbox One console. In other words, we could be looking at a quarter of the price shaved off.
The console is the spitting image of the Xbox One S but with a cleaner design thanks to its lack of a disc drive.
Much like Sony, Microsoft is now gearing up for the next console generation.
- There’s a BJP wave, says PM Modi
- Everything We Know About the Star Wars TV Show The Mandalorian
- Uber Files for an IPO: What You Should Know
- Khloe Kardashian, Tristan Thompson Reunite at True's Birthday Party
- Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli plead not guilty in college bribery scandal
- Ecuador president defends Assange asylum withdrawal
- Fordham University student falls climbing campus bell tower to take photos
- Australian race horse Winx retires after record 33rd straight win
- Disney stock soars after release of streaming service
- Tesla Raising Price of Its Full Self-Driving Option From May 1