Microsoft still has yet to announce the console, but a new leak has potentially revealed not only what the Xbox One S all-digital edition will look like, but how much it will cost, its features, release date, and more. The rumour first gained traction when it was revealed by the perpetually reliable Thurrott in November a year ago. The console itself is rather boring, a big white plastic box that looks exactly like a normal Xbox One X but without a disc drive slot, and it will come with one controller.
According to the report, the console offers a 1TB hard drive and will ship with preinstalled copies of Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft and Sea of Thieves - in Europe at least. More games can be purchased via the Microsoft Store.
Xbox One S All-Digital is also slated to release on 7th May according to the German site and it'll reportedly retail for €230.
Sims also reiterated his reporting on a trade-in program Microsoft is planning for disc-based Xbox titles, codenamed Odessa, which would give customers the "ability to take disc-based games and trade them in for a token to download the digital version of the game".
Even though the Xbox One S all-digital edition is launching at a budget price, it will still provide some decent power for those looking to upgrade from the standard Xbox One console. In other words, we could be looking at a quarter of the price shaved off.
The console is the spitting image of the Xbox One S but with a cleaner design thanks to its lack of a disc drive.
Much like Sony, Microsoft is now gearing up for the next console generation.
- Fordham University student falls climbing campus bell tower to take photos
- Khloe Kardashian, Tristan Thompson Reunite at True's Birthday Party
- Trump Questions Why 'Radical Left Democrats' Should See Mueller Report
- Nigel Farage's Brexit party set for Shoreham Airport rally
- Potential for T-storms, heavy rain, strong winds today: National Weather Service
- Corey Lewandowski involved in GOP 2020 campaign to dethrone Ocasio-Cortez
- Trump says Boeing should fix, then re-brand Max jets
- Chawla removes Rayudu as Super Kings stumble
- There’s a BJP wave, says PM Modi
- GoFundMe for boy injured at Mall of America raises over $400,000