Harington has played the role of Jon Snow ever since "Game Of Thrones" made its debut in 2011.
As was to be expected, a lot of people tuned in for the Season 8 premiere of HBO's GAME OF THRONES. If the show's final season can manage to top that, then "Game of Thrones" really will be going out on a high.
The next episode of HBO's drama will follow the preparations for the Battle of Winterfell, which will likely take place in Episode 3 of Season 8. Whatever the reason, the linear viewership of 11.8 million beats the linear viewership for the Season 7 premiere, which hit only 10.1 million.
HBO Now also posted its biggest streaming night ever, the channel said Monday. While the episode was considerably light on blood and gore, it did much to cover plenty of ground, updating viewers on where numerous fantasy saga's remaining players are at.
Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? The episode released only to DirecTV Now users, who received notifications around 5 p.m. ET on the premiere date that the first episode was available.
Actress Natalie Portman continues to give back by supporting worthy causes, sharing her voice in bringing attention to those in need, whether it's a campaign for education, LGBT rights or pay parity.
Winter has officially arrived on Game of Thrones. The episode, titled Winterfell, was marked by reunions both warm and frosty and clear signs of the struggles ahead.
Not only did Jon reconnect with Arya and Bran Stark after years of separation, he also came face-to-face with Samwell Tarly, who he hasn't seen since Sam left the Night's Watch to travel to the Citadel to further his studies.
- Pistons get routed by Bucks in Game 1, 121-86
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S10 5G pre-orders start 18th April
- Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: Police look at Anfield flare incident
- Potential for T-storms, heavy rain, strong winds today: National Weather Service
- The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning
- Massive fire breaks out overnight at Coachella Festival campgrounds
- Trump says Boeing should fix, then re-brand Max jets
- Uber Files for an IPO: What You Should Know
- Tesla Raising Price of Its Full Self-Driving Option From May 1
- Everything We Know About the Star Wars TV Show The Mandalorian