"The other attacking players, like Son [Heung-Min] and Lucas Moura, are more unsafe when Kane is not there", Whelan exclusively told Football Insider. I said: "I feel like the club doesn't really want me here".
"When I was younger you always want to score your first opportunity and sometimes it doesn't happen like that", he said.
And after holding talks with Mourinho in his office, De Bruyne opted to quit to Chelsea, to enable him play more regularly in another club. So I guess I thought he'd be ... what do the English call it?
Without doubt, Kevin De Bruyne has established himself as one of the finest players in the Premier League over the last couple of seasons.
"I didn't think he'd be a bad guy, really".
"The players have shown me they want to do it - I didn't have any doubts about that - and we have taken three points from a very hard place to win", said Guardiola.
It took me a minute to understand what he was doing. You can trust your team to be better than before because everybody prepares well, goes to bed at the right time, people eat right.
"After helping to dispossess Wilfried Zaha, he carried the ball from his own third to within 10 yards of the Palace box before playing the flawless pass for Gabriel Jesus to score the critical third goal", he writes. So it's going to be different, no?' So I thought maybe Chelsea would let me go.
De Bruyne added: "In the end, this project at City is about more than winning".
Kevin De Bruyne's path to becoming one of the best footballers in the world could have been so different if it wasn't for the stubbornness of Jose Mourinho. And Mata was also out of favor at the time, so José said, 'Well, you know, if Mata leaves, then you will be the fifth choice instead of sixth.' I was completely honest. "I think it's something I should do when there's a big disaster in my home country", Son said. However, Pochettino's side have previous at falling at the final hurdles, yet with less than a month of the season to go, you'd expect Spurs to wrap up third spot come full time on May 12th, at the latest.
"So I said, 'No".
"Of course, when you read this stuff about yourself, you think, 'Me?" If De Bruyne stayed here, not happy and not motivated, and we'd sold him after a year, we'd have got less - 50% less than what we sold him for.
Chelsea have a long list of failed superstars who then flourished playing for the clubs and one of them has shed some light on his time at London. "That experience was the fuel for my career".
- The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning
- Massive fire breaks out overnight at Coachella Festival campgrounds
- Nazem Kadri looking at fifth career suspension
- Disney stock soars after release of streaming service
- #ExtinctionRebellion shuts down London’s busiest streets with climate change protest
- Russell, LeVert lead Nets to stunning Game 1 win
- Khloe Kardashian, Tristan Thompson Reunite at True's Birthday Party
- Tiny 3D printed human heart created by scientists in transplant breakthrough
- Xbox One S All Digital Version Leaked, Releases May 7
- Com hack more extensive than Microsoft first claimed, email contents compromised