Meanwhile, the Sixers were out of sorts most of the afternoon despite boasting what many consider to be the East's starting five in Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris and JJ Redick.
Simmons always has struggled in the postseason (aside from not shooting 3-pointers), scoring over 20 points just one time in 11 postseason games. The 25-year-old is one of the game's most prolific stars, having averaged 27.5 points and 13.6 rebounds per game in 64 regular season contests.
When asked why Amir Johnson was on his phone on the bench, Joel Embiid says he was checking on his daughter because she is very ill.
"It's not something that we are about", Brown said. "We are moving forward together with our focus now on Game 2".
"If you're gonna boo, then stay on that side", Simmons said.
"I just gotta keep [working] and see how I feel every day, and you never know what's gonna happen", Embiid said according to ESPN. The Sixers won that first game without him.
Sixers coach Brett Brown called Johnson's actions "completely unacceptable". And Davis added 12 points and 16 rebounds, his energy making Embiid look lethargic at times. Guys like DeMarre Carroll, who is going to be an asset in the playoffs, and Kenneth Faried, (remember him) were shipped to Brooklyn so their former teams can make a playoff run without worrying about the cap hits.
Nets: C Jarrett Allen was whistled for fouls on Philadelphia's first two possessions. "It's really hard to get good players of their caliber".
- Uber Files for an IPO: What You Should Know
- Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli plead not guilty in college bribery scandal
- Huawei P30 Pro Arrives in India with Rs 72K Price Tag
- Solskjaer: The memory of the PSG comeback will help Man United's players
- Dozens dead in Afghan conflicts, Taliban's spring offensive condemned
- Thunder and Blazers Deal With Health Issues as Series Begins
- Trump says Boeing should fix, then re-brand Max jets
- Fordham University student falls climbing campus bell tower to take photos
- Everything We Know About the Star Wars TV Show The Mandalorian
- Nigel Farage's Brexit party set for Shoreham Airport rally