Brind'Amour said the 19-year-old Svechnikov went to the hosptial for an assessment after Carolina's Game 3 win in the first round of the National Hockey League playoffs.
In shocking scenes, Capitals captain Alexander Ovechkin floored Hurricanes rookie Andrei Svechnikov with a punch.
Midway through the first period of tonight's playoff game, Ovechkin and Svechnikov got tangled up.
Svechnikov is under concussion protocol and Brind'Amour said that Svechnikov is not expected to play in Game Four.
Both players received five-minute penalties for fighting, and Svechnikov was ultimately barred from returning.
Svechnikov, the No. 2-overall pick in 2018, tallied 20 goals and 17 assists in 80 games during the regular season. Washington has a 2-1 series lead. He asked me to fight, I said, 'Let's go, yeah.' So, I hope he's OK.
Speaking to United States media, Svechnikov said: "It's just an honour to have met with him". "I'll just leave it at that", he said.
"It's a little bit frustrating, because he got hurt, it's his first fight", Brind'Amour said. "If that's the case, it's a little different". Brind'Amour said he looks normal but assuming he's out for next game. Brind'Amour said, his voice trailing off, "but it's done".
"But if you watch the video, because I got to watch it, he slashes him twice, Ovie - whack, whack - and then Svech gives it back". "This year we've dealt with it, I don't know how many guys, but when guys felt ready to come back we waited weeks after". Monday's bout was just the fourth fight of his career, and the first in eight years.
- Trump to award Woods Medal of Freedom
- Unai Emery sought advice from Javi Gracia before taking Arsenal job
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere hits new series high
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s Ending Was Changed During Filming
- Nets, Spurs, Magic steal Game 1
- President Trump promotes tax cuts, eyes 2020 in Burnsville visit
- Don't Count Out The Denver Nuggets
- Logano 'A Little Too Late' To Catch Truex Jr
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Quits Facebook, Calls Social Media a 'Public Health Risk'
- Leganes vs. Real Madrid - Football Match Report