Sources in the know told India Today that the lenders are unlikely to extend any interim funding as of now - they want to weigh the seriousness of bids received for the recently-concluded stake sale before firming up any funding plans. "SBI is working on the emergency funding, everything is under discussion, nothing is finalised".
Debt-laden Jet Airways likely to temporarily shut down its operations as the lenders failed to approve emergency fundings, sources familiar with the matter told CNBC-TV18.
Also Read: What to do with your JPMiles now?
Bankers and an Indian government official said lenders are trying to line up funds to keep aloft the once-dominant Indian airline, whose shares earlier on Tuesday slumped to their lowest levels since August 2015. The latest meeting with lenders on Monday too remained inconclusive. The airline's fleet has shrunk to seven aircraft from 119, a few months back.
Jet Airways is grappling with acute financial crunch and is operating less than 10 planes besides temporarily suspending global operations till 18 April.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be allowed to bid, said the sources on condition of anonymity. Jet CEO Vinay Dube is believed to have written a letter to chief lender SBI in this regard.
It said that the operations have been severely impacted due to the liquidity conditions and added "The company's leadership, in consultation with its Board of Directors, is engaged with lenders in connection with the said emergency funding request to arrest further deterioration of its services and minimize inconvenience to its guests".
On the traded volume front, 48.67 lakh shares of the company were traded on the BSE and over five crore shares on the NSE during the day.
- Canes teen in concussion protocol after fight
- Mobile might start selling the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3a
- The Honor 20 is coming on 21 May
- Facebook Messenger dark mode now rolling out worldwide
- Forza Street is coming to Android later this year
- Manhunt launched for woman 'infatuated' with Columbine shooting
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s Ending Was Changed During Filming
- Five Fast Facts About Game of Thrones Star Sophie Turner
- Golden State Warriors: Today will determine who Dubs face in first round
- Jet Airways pilots body defers 'no flying' decision