Manchester United's Norwegian coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (L) and Barcelona's Spanish coach Ernesto Valverde gesture during the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg football match between Barcelona and Manchester United at the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona on April 16, 2019.
"We know there's work to be done".
"With the quality they've got, the front three they've got, and players they can bring on like Dembele and Malcom, I wouldn't bet against them", Solskjaer said.
30 - Barcelona are unbeaten in 30 Champions League home games, the longest such run in the competition (W27 D3). They're disappointed but there's no point dwelling on what could have been.
They made an enterprising start as Marcus Rashford struck the top of the crossbar in the first few seconds but were thoroughly second best after five-time Ballon d'Or victor Messi opened the scoring after 16 minutes.
Manchester United are now in sixth place in the Premier League table and two points behind fourth-placed Arsenal with five games left to play this season. "It is a very small advantage".
Lionel Messi and Paul Pogba are the superstars on show in this one, but there's a lot more talent on both sides and the urgency to win from the two teams will make this a fantastic European night.
"He's different class, he and Cristiano Ronaldo are the best players of the last decade, everyone agrees on that one". The 31-year-old Argentine was left with a swollen nose and cheek following a collision with Chris Smalling during the first leg at Old Trafford. "He has recovered perfectly from the blow he suffered".
If proof was ever needed that Young isn't good enough for United anymore, his performance at the Camp Nou was it. But Teddy Sheringham and Solskjaer each scored in stoppage time to give Alex Ferguson's men the trophy. "It's the only time I've been on the pitch".
Solskjaer is seeking to finish the season with a flourish but added of the Barca setback: "We gambled and you can say that we gambled and lost but we had to go for the first goal".
- Bernie Sanders has entered millionaire class, tax returns show
- Facebook Messenger dark mode now rolling out worldwide
- I cried after knee injury, says Kevin De Bruyne
- Unai Emery sought advice from Javi Gracia before taking Arsenal job
- Sudanese Protesters: 'Positive Steps' With Ruling Military
- Logano 'A Little Too Late' To Catch Truex Jr
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s Ending Was Changed During Filming
- Forza Street is coming to Android later this year
- TikTok vanishes from Google Play Store after Madras HC ban, govt order
- The Honor 20 is coming on 21 May