With Patriots offensive weapons exiting left and right - first, Rob Gronkowski's farewell to the game, which was followed by Chris Hogan leaving amicably for the Panthers - New England found its annual reclamation project in the longtime Bronco and former Texans wide receiver.
During his brief stint in Houston, he caught 23 passes for 275 yards and two touchdowns.
After Week 8 last season, the Broncos traded Thomas to the Houston Texans in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick. Between the two teams, Thomas finished 2018 with 59 catches for 677 yards and five touchdowns. His season came to an end in Week 16 as a result of a torn Achilles, so it remains to be seen how well he recovers from the devastating injury. The wideout was drafted by McDaniels and played for him in Denver in 2010. The Patriots reportedly wanted Thomas last season, but he was traded to the Texans instead. Thomas has started all 10 postseason games he has played in and totaled 53 receptions for 759 yards and six touchdowns. Josh Gordon also could factor into the equation if his indefinite suspension is lifted.
A 6-foot-3 threat, Thomas is coming off a 59-catch, 677-yard season split between the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans, and comes to the Patriots while recovering from a significant Achilles injury suffered in a December 23 game for the Texans. Four consecutive seasons of over 1300 yards receiving certainly proves that, but on the downside of his career, the chemistry or lack thereof with Tom Brady will determine if he can at least be effective in the Patriots offense.
- Muslim Congresswoman experiences increase in death threats
- Messi humiliates Manchester United goalkeeper as Red Devils dumped from Champions League
- Russell Wilson won't sign with Seattle Seahawks after self-imposed deadline
- Five Fast Facts About Game of Thrones Star Sophie Turner
- Canes teen in concussion protocol after fight
- S.Korean president says to push for summit with DPRK leader
- President Trump promotes tax cuts, eyes 2020 in Burnsville visit
- Golden State Warriors: Today will determine who Dubs face in first round
- NFL Schedule Release News and Rumors
- Jet Airways pilots body defers 'no flying' decision