We recommend interesting sports viewing and streaming opportunities.
Bolivia were increasingly over-run and had no way back when substitute Everton Soares fired into the far corner in the 85th minute to wrap up the comfortable victory.
Both coaches rang the changes for the final 30 minutes of the second half, with Tite bringing in Jesus for Firmino as he pushed for more goals.
Playing without superstar Neymar after he was ruled out of the tournament with an ankle injury, 2018 World Cup quarter-finalists Brazil dominated but struggled to create any real clear-cut chances.
Brazil felt Neymar's absence in the first half, with its attack unable to do much against the Bolivian defence.
Richarlison's strike from inside the area hit the arm of Jusino and, after a VAR review, Coutinho converted from the spot.
Thiago Silva saw a header flash wide of the post and Casemiro came close with an audacious effort for Brazil, who had 77 per cent of the possession in the opening 45 minutes.
Although the tournament invitees are now known for next year's Copa America, the final venue is still a mystery.
Peru play Venezuela in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday in the second Group A game.
With two quick goals after the team was jeered by the local crowd at halftime, Coutinho helped Brazil overcome the absence of the injured Neymar in Brazil's 3-0 win over Bolivia on Friday. Coutinho, however, stepped up when Brazil needed him most with his first global brace since scoring a hat-trick against Haiti at the Copa America Centenario.
If Qatar wins on its debut this season, it will be the first country to ever hold continental titles simultaneously.
The Copa America has mostly taken place in odd years throughout its history, which began in 1916.
Homophobic chants were overlooked in South America until recently. The top four teams from each group will advance to the knockout stage.
Among those at the Morumbi on Friday was Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro.
- Pelosi says Trump doesn't know right from wrong
- Police pursuing charges against Raptors president Masai Ujiri for cop battery
- Rain Threat Looms Large on the Epic Clash of India and Pakistan
- Baby cut from slain USA woman's womb dies
- Chelsea expected to appoint club legend Frank Lampard as new manager
- Huawei urging Verizon to license patents
- Indian doctors to widen strike demanding improved safety after attack
- Fourth American died at Dominican Republic resort, report says
- Real Madrid confirms acquisition of rising Japanese star Kubo
- Pats' Michel sidelined after knee scope